I Just Discovered iTunes

JRV

Reaction score
I just started playing around with iTunes and I have to say I think it's great. I didn't think that I would like it so thats why it took me so long to play around with it. The streaming radio stations are great. I can't beleive the quality. Thumbs up to iTunes.

PS: I'm assuming that there isnt a hidden fee for listening to those stations. I don't remember putting my credit card info in anywhere so they are free right?

M

meltbanana314

JRV said:
PS: I'm assuming that there isnt a hidden fee for listening to those stations. I don't remember putting my credit card info in anywhere so they are free right?

No hidden fees.

Some of the stations at live365 will beg for money because they have too many listeners taking up bandwith, but if you sign up with them then you can listen to the high-quality streams anytime. Being the cheap person that I am, I just listen to the free streams.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
JRV said:
I just started playing around with iTunes and I have to say I think it's great. I didn't think that I would like it so thats why it took me so long to play around with it. The streaming radio stations are great. I can't beleive the quality. Thumbs up to iTunes.

LMAO ROFL, i thought the same thing too, and now i love iTunes

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
whats the deal with buying songs from iTunes? if i buy a song for .99 cents is it mine? can i burn it onto cd's and do what ever i want? or are there extra fees for stuff like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no, its yours, do what you want with it. there are limits to # of ipods it can be on, cds you can burn it to, etc, but there are ways around that.;)
there is a lot to learn about itunes, if you need help, were here.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
thanks. i plan on getting into it so i may have more questions.

D

d-funct

I always hated iTunes on the PC compared to something like winamp3 it sucked

But on the mac its great ... go figure

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
i just copied a bunch of mp3s from my pc to a folder on my mac. when i open them in iTunes it makes a folder for it in the iTunes folder and copies it there. how can i not have a ton of folders in my iTunes folder. i would like all my songs in one folder.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You'll need to go to in iTunes, Prefrences, Advanced, and uncheck "Keep iTunes Music folder organized". You might need to reimport your files into iTunes, because I don't think you can reverse what happened.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
got it thanks. what are the check marks next to the songs in iTunes? what happens when you click it on or off?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's either not going to be played by iTunes unless you double click it, if you uncheck the check mark. And iTunes won't transfer the song to your iPod, I think.

Reaction score
if you buy a song from itunes and lets say you have a hard drive crash. can you go back and download that song ? or is it a one time download ??

I

iDVFH.

Also it the checks apply for when your playing your music..if you have like 100 songs in your library and you want to listen to 10 of them only check the 10 you want and they'll play them only in order

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
jsb515 said:
if you buy a song from itunes and lets say you have a hard drive crash. can you go back and download that song ? or is it a one time download ??
nope, youd have to repurchase it. or contact apple and see if theyll work with you.

T

Thud

I just started playing around with it. I haven't bought any songs yet, but I do have 1 song credit... those pepsi bottlecap things actually work!

S

*SquALED*

Not sure if this is possible but can you add radio stations to iTunes station list?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iTunes, Menu Bar, Advanced, Open Stream. iTunes will add the stream in your library rather than in "Radio".

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*SquALED* said:
:cool: Nice one iWhat! - Sq

Your welcome!

I edited my sentence, so you can read it better. Sometimes I forget to check over my sentences for errors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.