Networking printer

Reaction score
I am new to Mac and the forum, if this is the wrong place for my post let me know where I should post and off I go. I am using a macbook with os x 10.5 I also have a windows XP desktop. I have 2 printers one a cannon and the other an Oki C3400. I have my laptop on my network, I can print from the laptop to the Cannon printer via the network, but the Oki is a different story. I can connect via usb and print from the laptop to the Oki so I know the driver is ok etc. When I attempt to add the Oki printer as I did the cannon via the network it asks me to choose the driver, it is not listed in the window and I can not find it to point to it. I have tried to putting in the ip address but still no luck, any suggestions?

Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Collin B I am using a netgear router. I am able to print from the network to my Canon printer but not to the Oki.

When I try to set up the oki via the network I am unable to find a driver from the list, to choose, I believe because I can print while connected to usb from my macbook my problem must stem from not being able to choose a driver for the network. I tried to download the driver for the network from the Oki site but when I open the folder I installed to it is empty.

I believe if I can find the driver or a compatible one and figure out how to install it so it shows up in my choices, while setting up my oki from the network I will have success.

It isn't the end of the work if I have to connect via usb to print, I just desire to conquer this issue.

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have seen this before that it works on USB but not wirelessly - i did have a list of Mac wireless supported printers - will post it when i find it. But if you have downloaded the latest drivers for the Oki and it prints off USB but not thru network then that may be where you have to look for another printer.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks Collin for your help. I will settle for printing to my Canon printer for small jobs wirelessly and connect to my laser via usb when I need to do a large job. My network is working well with the exception of the Oki laser printer so better leave well enough alone.

Reaction score
I have an Oki c5100 and under the menu you can change the ip address. I could get it to work great with usb, it took some changing the network address to get it on my wired network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.