iPod recharging problem

V

vincentk

Hey.
I bought an iPod about 2 and a half years ago in MacWorld
The iPod's been great but lately after charging it for hours it can barely stand working for 20 minutes...
I can't do nothing with it... It's depressing...
What happened and what do I do to fix it?

Other information:
The iPod has 10GB of memory and is working with iTunes in order to upload songs.
Thanks in advance.

OP
M

meltbanana314

Have you been recalibrating it every month?

Every month, you're supposed to run down the battery to absolutely the end to the point where your iPod will go to sleep. Then, you recharge it back to 100%.

Lithium ion batteries have a finite lifespan anyway, your iPod's battery could be at the end of its life. Google up some iPod replacement batteries.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You mostly likely will have two options. Get a new iPod or change the battery. I would recommend changing the battery yourself. Try out the website below to purchase the kit to help you do this. The kit includes tools to open the iPod and a new battery.

http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenter.htm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you do end up replacing the battery, get a better one, I think theres now one that lasts for 40 hours on a single charge.

OP
T

The mac 13

have u tried to restore the ipod? i read somewhere that after a full charge, the batt last only 20 minutes. and when the person restored the iPod, it was at its full glory!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.