New with Apples - Just bought a Clamshell and trying to install wireless?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Apple computers, and also new to this forum.
I recently just bought an Apple Clamshell, it's blue and it's moderately used, still in pretty good shape. I also bought an AirPort card for my system. I bought both on Ebay.
Right now, I'm confused on how to setup the wireless. I have put in the AirPort card correctly (I think) and when I went to utilities to try to install the hardware, it says "No airport card installed."

Please help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 266ghz, 4gig, 320gigHD, MacBook, 2.4ghz,250gigHD,4gigRam
Ok! Go back and make sure that the Airport card is seated correctly and the antenna is connected too. I have 3 Clamshells and I put Airports in 2 of them, pretty much plug and play. After you boot back up to the desk top you should see a " Radio beacon " icon next to the speaker icon if the card working. It will also show up in the " About this Mac" under, More Info/Network. Also make sure you have the correct Airport card that work with the G3 iBooks.

HTH, Rick

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok! Go back and make sure that the Airport card is seated correctly and the antenna is connected too. I have 3 Clamshells and I put Airports in 2 of them, pretty much plug and play. After you boot back up to the desk top you should see a " Radio beacon " icon next to the speaker icon if the card working. It will also show up in the " About this Mac" under, More Info/Network. Also make sure you have the correct Airport card that work with the G3 iBooks.

HTH, Rick

Thank you so much, big help :D

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just a helpful hint in terms of forum etiquette: wait more than 13 minutes to bump a thread. Don't bump a thread unless you get at least a day or two of no responses. This is a subjective choice but be careful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Just a thought, I have seen users buy Airport Extreme cards, which do not fit your iBook, and push them into place. Hopefully you will have the first airport card, if not that will be your problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.