my iPod is frozen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
So, I was coming back from the mall, listening to Help! [The Beatles album] on my iPod. When the album finished playing, my iPod went back to the main menu as usual.

After that, I scrolled down through my song list and tried to play "Paperback Writer" [another Beatles song]. I pressed the select button on my iPod, expecting to hear the opening chords of "Paperback Writer", but instead I got- silence! Since I wasn't that far from my destination, i just gave up on it and decided to wait until i was in my dorm room. I tried to reset it following the instructions on the apple website, but nothing happened.

What should I do? How can I get my iPod to come back to life?

By the way, I have a 20 gig 4th generation iPod. I bought it last December, and it's worked perfectly until today.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

M

meltbanana314

Hold down the middle and menu buttons at the same time for like 10 seconds. Your iPod will reset. It will lose all the music and settings but it will be unfrozen. Plug it in and recharge it immedately.

(This happened to me on the bus when listening to the Pixies. I had the backlight on too.)

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Drat, it didn't work. This makes me sad. :(

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Try plugging it into the outlet and restarting it. Maybe the battery is too drained to restart.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
crisrose said:
Teach you for play The Beatles on it lol ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Hee hee... Sorry, Beatles4Life. But that was funny. The beatle in your avatar looks like, he's got iPod problems also.

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's alive! Yay!

iWhat, I'm very aware of the irony of playing Beatles songs on an iPod. :flower:

Actually, the Beatle in my avatar [Paul McCartney] is eating pudding. I had to crop the picture because it was too big.

Here is the full picture of Paul eating pudding.

Speaking of my iPod, it seems to be functioning again. I let the battery drain overnight and when I turned it on today it was fine. Then I pulled a witeshark and repaired the iPod's disk. :mac:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to hear everything is in working order! It's not good, when an iPod bites the dust.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Beatles4Life said:
Then I pulled a witeshark and repaired the iPod's disk. :mac:
That is the best sentence ever posted on these forums.

I too had iPod troubles, it wouldn't appear in iTunes. It turns out I have a faulty FireWire port, woooohoooo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Wow haven't seen you posting here in a while abs zero

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.