How do I embed itunes music into my webpage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
How do I embed itunes music into my web-page? I know the tabs look like this,

<embed src=" "></embed>

and I tried it with some music I had ripped from a CD, so it looked like this
(a little T.I.)
<embed src="slide show.m4a"</embed>

I also tried it with some of the Garageband demo songs and that didn't work either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.66ghz + many, many more :^)
There could be a lot of reasons why that is not working.

First, I'd try using a more standard format such as ".mp3" instead of ".m4a"

The code in your example is incorrect, so if you were doing it that way it would not work (unless that is a typo). It should be:

<embed src="slide show.m4a"></embed>

I'd also avoid using spaces in file names as a general rule, as this can sometimes throw off browsers. Either delete the space in the file name or use an underscore "_" instead.

Also, from your example, there would have to be a file named "slide show.m4a" in the same directory as the HTML file the code is in, so make sure you have the embedded file uploaded to the right place.

Hopefully that helped.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
I tried adding the extra >, changed it to .mp3, and added the underscore where the space used to reside. Now it is displaying a large Q with a question mark in the middle of it, and still not playing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Check the path to the mp3. Is your mp3 in the same folder as the html file or is it in a different folder? <embed src="slide show.m4a"></embed> says the file is in the same folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.