Home Network (Mini, PC, PS3, External Hard Drive, Netflix, TV)

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the site was wondering if I could get some help to bring my home network to life.

I have a mac Mini and would like to have this be my central computer. I use Apple's airport extreme connected to time warner's cable blackbox. I have a Western Digital eternal hard which stores all my music, aperture library and related photos. I have a PS3 connected wirelessly right now and a plasma tv with the ability to be connected to the internet via a ethernet cable.

What I would like to be able to do is view all the contents of my itunes library (stored on the external hard drive) via the ps3 and/or the plasma TV. I also would like to be able to view all the contents of my Aperture library (contents also stored on the external hard drive) via the PS3 and/or the Plasma TV. What software do I need to have to be able to bring all this together to work seamlessly and quickly?

In addition, I have a netflix account and would like to be able to stream their movies to my TV probably via the PS3. Does anyone know how to make this work without choppiness)?

PS3 and mac mini are currently connect wirelessly to the airport extreme. Panasonic Plasma PZ850U is not connected to the network but does have a ethernet port on the back.

Any help n the best set up to bring to life a entertainment home network would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Reaction score
Huh?!

How is this post inappropriate or in violation of any terms of use? I am considering a similar setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Because he put it in the forum "Anything Goes" when it should have been put in "Hardware".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.