software?

Reaction score
hi my name is steve and am a youth worker. i have been promoted to media and technology worker which ad left me with some money and alot of equipment.

My question is, at the moment we are using logic pro and final cut pro are there any better software that i would be able to use for both video/ dvd making and also as a recording studio etc

any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I dont really work in Video, but as far as I know those programs are 2 of the best

OP
S
Reaction score
are there any of the tutials u know of to help me get the best out of these software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
For final cut pro, Check out:

DVcreators.net - they have forums specifically for FCP, and training products available to get you going. They have sample clips from their training courses to determine if it's right for you.

Izzy Video | Learn how to shoot, edit, and produce better video. - has training videos for FCP, as well as a regular video podcast (some free, but if you pay as premium member you get access to all of his podcasts back to his first) about video editing and tricks in FCP (and FCE) - check out his freely available ones to see if they are of interest.

Side note: I do not work for either of these sites, but I do access and use both of these sites. I did use the FCE tutorial from izzyvideo site (was free, and I had swapped over to mac and fce from using premiere and liquid edition pro - so I had a decent background in some of these programs but needed pointers on where things were and how things worked in fce; if I didn't it would have been a toss up as I think dvcreators training course may be more indepth (at least from their outline))

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You could start with this for FCP and this for LP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.