Impressed with Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.1 GHz
So, today I took my laptop to my nearest Genius Bar atabout 1PM. The Genius was really nice and said the hairline cracks are something Apple has started noticing a lot. He said they would repair it, never even asked about warranty. Said about 5-7 days for repair. I got home, got a phonecall at 5PM (just 4 hours after dropping it off), saying the repair was done. They have replaced the bottom casing which was cracked, and also the top case!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Excellent. I was surprised to read that they had quoted you 5-7 days. My guess is that they had the part in stock and someone had enough time to actually do the swap. It was the same way when my SuperDrive needed to be replaced. I had it back the same day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Last time they told me they have to say 5-7 business days just to cover themselves in case something goes wrong or no parts in stock. They are really fast though if everything works out!

Reaction score
Excellent. I was surprised to read that they had quoted you 5-7 days. My guess is that they had the part in stock and someone had enough time to actually do the swap. It was the same way when my SuperDrive needed to be replaced. I had it back the same day.

This is standard procedure in most Customer Service situations. The policy is to "Underpromise-Over Deliver." This policy is almost universal throughout all fields.

It's real nice to see some positive feedback on forums. We hear every bad story, but just a fraction of the good. Thank You

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.1 GHz
Even more good news!
I went to pick my laptop up yesterday, the cracks had gone so I was happy.
Got it home to find they have replaced the keyboard, trackpad, track button and the casing around the keyboard!! Didn't expect that, at all, but I'm happy because my laptop actually looks brand new :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Even more good news!
I went to pick my laptop up yesterday, the cracks had gone so I was happy.
Got it home to find they have replaced the keyboard, trackpad, track button and the casing around the keyboard!! Didn't expect that, at all, but I'm happy because my laptop actually looks brand new :D

Yeah, the palm rest, keyboard and trackpad are pretty much one piece. Glad to hear that it's like new again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.