Power Mac Upgrade?

Reaction score
So i have read about ever forum post and reply about upgrading a power mac g5 processor. I know its not possible how ever my question is, if you upgrade the logic board then would you be able to upgrade the processor too?

the reason I am asking is be cause a co-worker of mine has a Power Mac with a blown logic board. Apple wants over a $1,000 to replace it but for that price I have found a faster logic board and faster processors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
sounds like a lot of work and a waste of money to me. you did not mention what your friend has in there now or wants but if you can get a Dual 2.5GHz for around $700 or maybe even better i didn't search that hard for prices then it would seem better to buy a box that already has what you want in it.

here is one i found.

you could even get a quad core for less than $1,000 like this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.