Graphics Card ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
since im planning to buy a apple laptop in a couple weeks strictly for just video editing and other stuff. I was looking at ibook and a powerbook, and i can get a 14" ibook for 1579.00 with the following specs
• 768MB DDR266 (256MB built-in & 512MB SO-DIMM)
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive
• SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Keyboard & Mac OS X - U.S. English
• 14-inch TFT XGA display
• 1.33GHz PowerPC G4
• ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 w/ 32MB DDR video memory

and a 12" powerbook for 1567 with these specs
• 768MB DDR333 (256MB built-in + 512MB SO-DIMM)
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive @ 5400rpm
• 8x SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
• 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
• NVIDIA GeForce FX GO 5200 with 64MB DDR Video Memory
• 12.1-inch TFT Display

i noticed that the only differences was that the ibook i get a 14" and i want a pretty big screen for editing, and the other dif was the graphic card, now will the graphic card matter if im just editing. thanks.

K

kingcrowing2

I would personal go with the powerbook, the graphics card will help a little, and if you ever decide to use photoshop or any rendering it will be even better, since the screens have the same resolution (1024x768) its not going to make a huge difference, but if you like the bigger screen, then go with the Ibook because you can't upgrade the screen. However i would personaly try to go for the 15" powerbook if i wanted a bigger screen, they have higher resolution and they are widescreen which is always more fun :-D

OP
veritas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
so in general the graphics card wont matter since i wont b using photoshop just Final Cut Express right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.