iPod and song authorization troubles

Reaction score
So I have an old 3rd gen 15gb iPod that I use as my car's music player in addition to my iPhone 3g. Today I synced it up to my new computer (which my iPhone had no problem syncing to) and it's telling me there's 50 songs that cannot be transfered because of the computer not being authorized to play them. I did authorize both accounts I had when I purchased these songs, and all of the songs play fine and transfer fine to my 3g.

So, I restored the iPod and tried it again. No luck. Still says I need authorization, but I already authorized the computer 100%. I tried logging out, and back into my account, updating the iPod, restoring, even formatting the drive. Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Did you ever have another iTunes account which you purchased music from? Another account most likely is on those files and it is asking for that password from that account.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, I have 2 accounts and both of them are authorized. When I got the info for some of the files it said weren't authorized, the account names that come up are both authorized

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Never got any of your friends music onto your iPod?

You could also see if you can de-authorize all computers and re-authorize them again.

OP
S
Reaction score
Nope, it's all mine. I just deauthorized and reauthorized the one I'm on, still didn't do it. Can't really deauthorize the others though, because they're in pieces - never did it before I got the new box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.