iPod music to laptop!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
im new to this forum, and i didn't really know where to put this thread. OK, well, here's my story.

The other day while on my MacBook (the previous generation, its white), i was using MSN Messenger when i got "the white screen of death" or whatever it's called. We took it to the mac repair place and found out that the hard drive was messed up (sorry, i don't really know what happened). But i digress, the point of that anecdote is that i got a new hard drive so i have *nothing* on my computer besides the OS and basic things like firefox, etc. The only thing i really miss from my old computer are my notes for school, and my 7237 songs, which were also on my iPod.

I connected my iPod, but it tries to sync it to my new computer which has zero songs. i prevented it from doing that, but now i dont know how to transfer my songs to my computer. It's the same computer, but it won't let me because my iPod is already like registered with my old hard drive or something.

I tried enabling hidden files, and i copied the iPod music folder to my desktop, but the iPod like encrypts the folders and organization, so that none of the songs have their real names or folders or anything. I dont wanna deal with renaming and reorganizing 7000+ songs.

What can i do? Please help soon!

OP
M
Reaction score
i installed MacFUSE 2.0, i don't really know what it did or where it went, but the disk image is there. i installed iPodDisk, and it has all the organized folders and stuff. I copy the folder with my music, but when i paste it into my iTunes folder it gives me a bunch of error messages. i can't drag and drop them either.
what do i do?
sorry im such a noob :(

"it has not been tested on Intel Macs." according to the how to :(

I can't seem to do this. i've tried all the "solutions" posted as comments on the iPodDisk website. It keeps crashing, or giving me errors, and it just wont complete. most i have gotten is 2.59GB out of 35GB

is there any other way? >.<

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would try this program instead. It's called EXpod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Check the link in my signature.

Music Rescue. Did wonders for me when I switched from PC to Mac.

Reaction score
"Copy and paste?" Did you try dragging the folder(s) from iPodDisk to a folder on the hard drive and then drag that to iTunes? Expod does look promising though if iPodDisk doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.