10.5.7 Audio issue

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 2008 aluminum 24" iMac and I use logic and garageband quite a bit. I have an external audio interface (a Lexicon Omega, though I don't think it matters) that got along just fine with my computer until I recently upgraded Leopard to 10.5.7. Now it will periodically inform me that my audio device has been disconnected when it certainly hasn't. I've tried plugging the interface into different USB ports and swapped USB cables, and reinstalled the audio drivers; all to no avail. I'm posting in this forum because it seems to have something to do with Leopard's update. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It is not unusual for an OS update to break some piece of software or a hardware device driver. You probably should get in touch with support at Lexicon Omega and see if they are aware of any conflicts between 10.5.7 and their device drivers.

You may have to downgrade back to 10.5.6 if you can not resolve the conflict.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.