Bootcamp Installing Windows XP

Reaction score
I have a question I have a macbook 2.4 ghz c2d with 2gb ram, and I want 2 use bootcamp 2 install xp but my screen is cracked so i'm using an external monitor and normally it doesn't kick in until right before the desktop so I was wondering if I could install XP using bootcamp or will my external monitor not kick in so I wouldn't be able 2 see it 2 install.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It will not work when rebooting to Windows because the graphic driver does not get loaded during the initial stage. The display will revert to the MacBook until drivers are installed. If you can manage to see the installation progress in spite of the cracked screen, you might succeed.

Solution? Install a new screen in your MacBook. You can do it yourself if you are capable. Go to iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories and price a new screen. Also look up their step by step instructions for do it yourself.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
thx for your reply....

Yeah I finally found a screen on ebay for $100 just don't have the cash 2 get it right now, and I have replaced one before for a friend so yeah I know it's pretty easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.