Wont turn on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
So i dont think its a battery problem because 4 of the 5 green lights are on, so im assuming its charged, but it wont charge any further than that. i think its some other hardware problem. i was using it earlier today and it worked fine, but then i went back to it after it was on for awhile and it shut down like the battery ran out but then after pluggin it in the charge light didnt light up. it made a sound just before it shut down light it was shorting out, like electric sounds inside the macbook. i press the ignition button and nothing at all happens. maybe water shorted it out? it wasnt around any water but thats what it sounded like happened. so ya its like the computer pretty much died.. it wont turn on even though the battery is charged and the charging light wont light up.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Start by reading and following the directions given in this Apple KB article: Link

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
Start by reading and following the directions given in this Apple KB article: Link

Regards.

thx for the reply.. i held the ctrl command and power button and it worked.. turned on. but the power adaptor light still doesnt work when i plug it in.

Reaction score
It could be the DC Power Board, or the power brick itself. the Power Board is relatively easy to replace if you are comfortable removing the top case/keyboard tray.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
It sounds pretty dangerous with all those electrical sounds, this might be a problem you'll want to have to have somebody look at in person before you do any more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It sounds pretty dangerous with all those electrical sounds, this might be a problem you'll want to have to have somebody look at in person before you do any more.

No kidding. Someone (on MacForums) apparently had a small electrical fire recently in their MBP Unibody. I'd get it checked out as soon as possible.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
alright so now its charging, but the light doesnt turn on. ive had a problem with the power cord before and i had to replace it, i hope the newer ones have a more reliable power cord cause i plan on buying a new macbook. no more electrical sounds either, maybe there was some condensation because it was left in my basement which is damp. its working normal again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
As the others have suggested i would be getting it into an Apple repair site. With mine which started with what seemed battery issues then charging issues and i replaced the battery and next it got warmer but fans did not increase in speed and then a short while later video issues and then in for a new logic board. When trying to get a replacement for the original battery 67 cycles they want the MBP to test it before addressing battery scene. If you are a gambler or have good warranty do nothing but my action now would be shoot it in after what you have spelt out above.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
ok i lied its having charging issues. the battery can drain but it wont charge. when i plug it in it wont charge any further than its at (5%). when i press the button on the bottom of the battery it lights up one and blinks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.