Won't start without start up disc

Reaction score
Okay, so my macbook is almost 3 years old, last May the hard drive died and I replaced it with a new one. Now it will not start. It boots up to the grey screen with the circular icon spinning for about a minute then shuts down and does it all over again continuously. I can start it using the start up disc and holding down C, then choosing the MacBook HD to restart. I have been reading and trying everything: Zapping the PRAM, it will not restart is safe mode, I reset the SMC, and I tried to repair disk permissions on the disk utility. After that I verified disk and a red message appeared saying:Invalid parent CName in thread record, volume check failed. Error:File system verify or or repair failed.
So I'm guessing I need it serviced, which is the problem I live in the Dominican Republic as a Peace Corps Volunteer. No Genius bars here. Please help! any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
It doesn't sound good. Your file system may have damaged. My suggestion is to do an archive and install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.