The Anything Goes Forum

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm sure that there are additional "management" or administrative" concerns regarding changing the "Anything Goes" forum name or sub-forum content that the average forum member is not aware of.

So of course these concerns would have to be addressed as well.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think that if a new title was chosen for the 'Anything Goes" forum, and the desire is to not post computer related topics there...that the title needs to contain "info" that communicates this to the user.

So phrases like already suggested above:

- Off-Topic
- Non-Computer
- etc.

The reason why I think that this is especially important is...this website gets a tremendous amount of questions posted by new members...or what I like to call "one-timers"!

Where they post one question for a problem they have...they get a helpful answer...and then you never hear from them again.

Regular members (for the most part)...know how things work. It's the "newer" folks that may be more confused....and need the "clearer" message.

Some food for thought,

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
CWA, agreed and very good suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.