How many apps do you have?

Reaction score
As a mac user, I am constantly cleaning out my apps folder for apps I don't use. But, I'm not sure if I should do this, should I keep them for future reference, or do as I do now. So, to make a better answer for myself, I wanted to see how many apps you have on your computer, including utilities and Hard Drive size. I have 90 apps and I have a 250 GB HD. (I did this by looking at the bottom of the finder windows and looking at ## items.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I have 68 apps. My HD is 120 GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
There is no justifiable correlation between the number of applications and the disk space usage since the apps. can be of any size. Eg. I have more than 1900 applications (including the Unix® apps) but it all takes up less than 60GBs. As long as your applications do not have any start-up processes, you could leave them for future use. If you are a Windows® user my answer would be different. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Welcome to M-Fs. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.