Problems and more problems help me downgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
i have a broken superdrive on my powerbook so i cannot use any cds right now, i went on my old computer and made a disc image of the mac os x cd using disk utility. i have a partition on my hard drive so i can restore the disc image onto that and boot up from that but it either doesnt let me restore or it restores but when i boot up from it, it just stops at a blue screen

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What are you downgrading from and why? I feel like we have somewhat of an incomplete picture here.

OP
Snapple Lover
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are you downgrading from and why? I feel like we have somewhat of an incomplete picture here.

10.5.6, it just has too many problems and leopard took away too many features that i want

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
May I assume you want to go to Tiger?

I know this doesn't help, but FWIW, your PowerBook does not have a Superdrive since it doesn't burn DVD's.

OP
Snapple Lover
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
May I assume you want to go to Tiger?

I know this doesn't help, but FWIW, your PowerBook does not have a Superdrive since it doesn't burn DVD's.

yes i want to go to tiger, no i have a superdrive that burns dl dvds but its "caved in" and doesnt work at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Again, I think you are going to have to address the case issue, there are plenty of for parts 17" G4s on ebay that you can cannibalise for parts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
So you got your optical drive replaced with a superdrive? Huh. Yeah, get one for parts. In fact I'm thinking of selling off my PowerBook soon.

OP
Snapple Lover
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well im gonna try to buy a used one but is there any way to install tiger on my computer without one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.