Slow Safari

M

MMottster@chart

I made the switch about 2 weeks ago. Safari loads web pages much slower than my PC (using Firefox) even though my iMAC has a much faster processor.

Any suggestions? This is rather disappointing.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Loading being slower should not be affected by the speed of your processor. It would more likely be affected by your internet connection. Check the connection to your imac, if you are using wireless be sure that you are within range of your router, and if you are using a wired connection check that the wire is not damaged by switching to another cat 5 cable.

Also, if you just got this mac and are just starting to visit more and more websites you will have to wait for your mac to build a cache of your most visited web pages. The cache is what builds over time and keeps a history of pages so they load faster. Your pc will have already built a database of your most visited web pages, give it some time if this is the case.

Reaction score
I made the switch about 2 weeks ago. Safari loads web pages much slower than my PC (using Firefox) even though my iMAC has a much faster processor.

Any suggestions? This is rather disappointing.

Thanks
This may have something to do with Safari -- or it may not. Install Firefox on you iMac and see if it is as fast as your PC. If your iMac is just as slow with Firefox, then see the suggestions posted by milessthomas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.