MacBook Microsoft Powerpoint 2008 not opening

Reaction score
Every time I go to open my powerpoint this box appears (which i attached a picture of.)
All of my other Microsoft 2008 application are still working and I have downloaded all of the Microsoft updates.
How can I get it to open?

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
It appears that a setting has been changed that is not functioning well with OS X.

Go to your "macintosh hd" > Library > Preferences. Then in preferences try to delete com.powerpoint files or the similar name and restart and try to reopen powerpoint.

OP
G
Reaction score
I tried that, however, Powerpoint still will not open and displays the same Microsoft Error Reporting window. Any other suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try reinstalling Powerpoint from your Office 2008 CD. It could be that a Powerpoint file or the program itself is corrupt. If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall all of Mac Office 2008.

You might also want to seek help from the Mac Office forums sponsored by Microsoft. The folks who hang out there are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Here's a link to Mac Office at Microsoft. Click on forums, then click on the Powerpoint forum.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.