Slow Wifi w/ Leopard Mac Mini

Reaction score
At my absolute wits end and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a relatively new Mac Mini (6 months) running Leopard 10.5.7 with a wireless G Airport card that I have been using as a media center for my television. For the first 5 months of it's life it was running like a charm enabling me to stream online video from Hulu, Fancast, etc wirelessly from my Belkin N+ router transmitting both N and G signals. About 1 month ago this all stopped. Although I have a strong signal to the router, I typically have no connection to the internet (other computers connected to the router do have internet access). In other cases I am able to access the internet, but at very slow speeds (0.5-2 Mbps compared to the 10Mps+ I had previously).

All other computers in my home (1 MacBook Tiger and 3 Windows XP laptops) have no wireless problems at all running with strong connections at top speeds 10mbps+. Consequently I'm inferring it is not the fault of the router.

After searching the Internet I've tried several things to try and fix this to no avail. These include:
1. Hardcoding DNS servers from OpenDns
2. Turning off ipv6
3. Removing all memrized wireless networks.

I'm about to give up... any thoughts? Thanks in advance for an help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
So what did u do a month ago? the change in internet must have coincided with something. 10.5.6 - 10.5.7? Another unit on the router? Changed something from using DHCP to ? Must be a clue back there somewhere.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for responding... the only thing I can think of that changed was I hooked up a USB hard drive to the Belkin N+ router to be used for networked storage... while doing this I installed Belkin's storage manager application... I have since uninstalled it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How did u uninstall the storage manager - app zapper or app delete?
There may be residual stuff that is having an effect. Try creating a new user and going into that for a spell of surfing, see if that gets back to the earlier speeds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.