Does the PB monitor bend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
after seeing this,,, i was wondering: does the PB monitor bend as well? Or is it only the iBook?

:bone:

K

kingcrowing2

Hmm, i've never heard of it happening, iBooks are made of polyurathane ( a type of plastic) and powerbooks are made of eithher titanium (Tibooks) or Aluminum (new ones), so i think the powerbooks are a little more durable, but anyhing can happen i guess...

J

jbsengineer

NightCrawler said:
after seeing this,,, i was wondering: does the PB monitor bend as well? Or is it only the iBook?

:bone:

I highly doubt it. I've had a PB and iBOOK. And the design is completely different. Whereas the iBOOk the hinge is only a couple inches wide and puts more stress in one area the PB hinge is SEVERAL inches wide and spreads the stress out. Also the hinge on the PB is easier to move. Whereas it take ALOT more effort to open an iBOOK. And lastly, the powerbook is aluminum and the iBOOK is plastic

josh

M

meltbanana314

kingcrowing2 said:
iBooks are made of polyurathane

Quote from Apple:

"Made from ultratough polycarbonate plastic — the same high-grade material used in bulletproof glass — the iBook’s sleek white case resists impact."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
The Powerbook hinge on my 17" is about a foot wide, so it should be fairly sturdy. I've just given mine a test flex, to see how sturdy it is, and whilst there's a bit of give if you twist each corner, I'm fairly happy it's pretty robust.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.