!help might buy an Ibook

OP
P

PC HATER

he he he he was speaking of you. i did not read yours. I guess I did not mean to get into this I am out of this.

OP
S

SlCKB0Y

I think when carrying on about iBook logic board failures, people need to differentiate between the G3's (which have a notable problem) and the G4's, which don't so far.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Computers break...someone made a point earlier, don't know if it was this thread, that pc and mac are both made by man. They are therefore not perfect. It's just the belief of most people that have become apart of this forum, that macs are closer to perfect than pc.

Wh could add a hole nother point to this argument. How many pc laptops, and there are a lot, have serious problems with them? Design wise, logic board wise, processor wise, battery wise, etc etc etc. So, some G3 computers had logic board problems. This is only a human error defect. Overall, in my personal experience, apples are just better. While those computers were running properly (the logic board faliure ones) I'm sure those user were extremely happy with those computers.

I grew up using pc, and now I use both (my mac more) and I must say mac is better. But if I have a hardware problem, I'll be uspset. I'll still like mac more at this point though...for the usability and the os and the design, etc etc, make a huge difference.

When you love something so much, you defend it, even to an extreme or ignorant (not saying that any points in this thread were ignorant or extreme..just generalizing) degree. Now everyone take a breath, and listen to Thriller :)

OP
C

chippy

ibook logic board

don't do it! Buy a powerbook instead. I bought my ibook at the end of 2002 and the logic board conked in Feb the next year. That's a grand total of 2 months owning the machine. It has failed again twice since (Aug and Nov). Please don't accuse me of bashing Apple since Apple machines are the only ones I've ever used.
Apple definitely knows how to run a business, but they never think about the consumers and how they feel about their product, they refused to replace it, even when it has been proven numerous times that I don't abuse it (why would I??). I am still in possession of the faulty ibook, yes it has been fixed again, but I hate the feeling I get everytime I turn it on. "Will it conk out on me again??". NOT A GOOD FEELING!!

Good luck!

OP
P

PC HATER

SlCKB0Y said:
I think when carrying on about iBook logic board failures, people need to differentiate between the G3's (which have a notable problem) and the G4's, which don't so far.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

exactly, thats what i am sayin

OP
T

TylerMoney

yes...true....G4's are much different....and I'm sure apple looked into the logic board thingy...plus...the new iBooks, with the G4, are more built like a powerbook from what I understand....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.