how much RAM do u think i need

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white polycarb macbook [may/june version] 2.13GHz Intel Core Duo, 160GB Hard Drive, 2GB 800MHz RAM
ok, so at the moment i'm thinking about getting the new white macbook [mainly because in my opinion it's not worth the extra $400AU for the aluminium for just looks and a trackpad [which is really nice i must admit], and slightly faster RAM]

so now i'm just wondering how much RAM i should get. i know i can buy from other places later on and i might but just wondering if 4GB wil just be a waste of money or not

i will be using my macbook for mostly surfing the net, watching heaps of videos [both DVD and online, probably more online], music, and a bit of video/music/photo editing as well.

is 2GB enough for all that or will 4GB be better...?

tell me of your experiences of how each performed

thanx in advance for the help

L8erz

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
ok, so at the moment i'm thinking about getting the new white macbook [mainly because in my opinion it's not worth the extra $400AU for the aluminium for just looks and a trackpad [which is really nice i must admit], and slightly faster RAM]

so now i'm just wondering how much RAM i should get. i know i can buy from other places later on and i might but just wondering if 4GB wil just be a waste of money or not

i will be using my macbook for mostly surfing the net, watching heaps of videos [both DVD and online, probably more online], music, and a bit of video/music/photo editing as well.

is 2GB enough for all that or will 4GB be better...?

tell me of your experiences of how each performed

thanx in advance for the help

L8erz

I think you are mistaken on the 400 price difference. The screen is a lot better, the colors are vibrant and the picture is very clear. The glass track pad is amazing and almost intuitive. Not to mention the GPU is way better than the integrated GPU from the previous model.

4GB is not a waste of money. Your system will fine a way to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I agree with CrimsonRequiem....That was the best 400 bucks I ever spent!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What kind of video/music/photo editing are we talking about here? If not much, 2GB should be fine but if you can afford 4GB, go with 4GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.