No more IPOD 40GB?

M

MarvinG

I avaent been on the forum for a while, so apologies if this has been beaten to death, but what happened to the 40 GB IPOD? - no longer on Apple web site (Canada anyways) or advertised in local stores.

OP
S

StarDrifter

I believe they have been phased out in preference for the 30gig and 60gig iPod Photo models

OP
J

JSchultz

40GB photo?

Do you guys know anything about the new 40 gig photo's?

You all may not believe me, but i was just in the circuit city i work at, and had a gander at our iPod display. There was a 40gb photo model in there. My manager said we had just recieved the truck that dropped it off, and we only got one in. oddly enough, a tag wont print for it. We rang it up though, and it was 379.99

*** is going on? I told him we might have recieved it in error, because nowhere on apple's site does it list a 40gb photo model?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
40 GB iPod Photo's are $379 new on the AppleStore's savings page. Since they are no longer producing them and they are older models (not really) they are selling the leftover stock at 379

The regular 40 GB iPod is $359 on the apples website

OP
J

JSchultz

i dont remember them being advertised ever? Whew...thought it was something never before seen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They aren't advertised on the main page but if you go to the savings page on apple (i'd give a link but they always time out) they are there

Reaction score
yeah and i paid 499.00 for my ipod photo 40 giga,and then they said thanks for your money and dropped the price.oh Apple!!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.