Macbook Pro Warranty Question

Reaction score
I purchased my macbook pro around march last year and it is out of the 1 year warranty, I did not purchase the extended warranty. I thought my screen had a few dead pixels or a scratch but than it began to move around, it literally looks like I have a bug moving around on the inside of my screen. I know this sounds absurd but I cant come to any other conclusion. Is this at all under warranty still or anything I can do?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
You can make a Genius Bar appointment for free so they can check it out. But they probably won't repair it. If the warranty is expired and you're not on AppleCare it will cost you money. You might be able t find an independent store someplace that won't charge as much. You aren't in the SF Bay Area by some chance, are you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Sure thing. No prob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
My MBP was 18 months old and 6 months out of warranty when it developed a video issue. Repair agent i shipped it to, escalated the repair to Apple and they picked up the Tab for a new Logic board. My cost - shipping there and back, so if i were you i would select repair agent carefully and push the issue. My brothers new iMac, 14 months old and out of warranty - same deal Apple paid for new logic board so it does happen from time to time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.