Iweb problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm sure there is a realy simple solution to my little problem but I can't fathom it on my own.

I have published various photos and video to my iweb site. I had a hard disk corruption which required installation of a new hard disk. Since the new disk has been installed whenever I click on the iweb icon, it attempts to set up a new page and I can't retrieve my formally published data.

Any help would e greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iWeb won't sync to retrieve data from your iDisk, if it isn't present on your local drive as far as I know.

You could manually retrieve the published webpages from your site, but that still won't allow you to edit them with iWeb. Your best bet is to restore everything from your Time Machine backup, if you have one.

If you don't, now would be a good time to start backing up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
iWeb can't work from it's published files, it needs its source file located somewhere in ~/Library.

I've long moved on from iWeb, but when I did use it a few years back, I liked to keep the Domain file on a WebDAV server so others could edit the site as well.

Either that, or use Time Machine ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.