My bootcamp is expired, what should i do?

Reaction score
Bootcamp is expired?

Hi, i downloaded 1.3b bootcamp, installed and after trying to open it, it says Its Expired. So i tried to dowload version 2.1. Download completed and i couldnt open it because it was an .exe file. So what do i have to do :( i have Macbook Pro.. trying to install bootcamp on it to run Windows XP.
Thanks guys :)

OP
P
Reaction score
well i dont know if this a right place to place my thread. i downloaded 1.3b bootcamp, installed and after trying to open it, it says Its Expired. So i tried to dowload version 2.1. Download completed and i couldnt open it because it was an .exe file. So what do i have to do :( i have Macbook Pro.. trying to install bootcamp on it to run Windows XP.
Thanks guys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Boot camp 1.3 was designed to run under OS X Tiger and expired in 2007

Boot camp 2.x will only work with Leopard. It shouldn't be an exe file and the proper Mac program Boot Camp Assistant will probably require your Leopard install disks to complete the installation

If you are not running Leopard and do not plan on upgrading, and if you are not using intense games, consider Virtual Box
Downloads - VirtualBox

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
***** Merged Duplicate Posts - Please do not CrossPost the same post in more than one thread. ******

Bootcamp 1.3 was BETA software and expired a long time ago and also was made for Tiger.

Bootcamp now only works with Leopard 10.5. The only way to get Bootcamp is purchase 10.5 Leopard. Apple does not use .EXE files so whatever Bootcamp you downloaded is not from Apple.

OP
P
Reaction score
Well i really thank you guys :) Its a big unfortune that i cant play my GTA4 like i planned. But thanks for answering and sorry for that double thread.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Bootcamp now only works with Leopard 10.5. The only way to get Bootcamp is purchase 10.5 Leopard. Apple does not use .EXE files so whatever Bootcamp you downloaded is not from Apple.

He must have downloaded the Boot Camp 2.1 update which is a Windows executable file meant only to run from Windows after it has been installed. It updates the Windows drivers and files from BC 2.0. BTW, it's required if you plan on updating Windows XP SP2 to SP3. It is an Apple download.

Regards.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That makes sense. Good info!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
It is not necessary to have Boot camp beta to have a dual boot mac. All you need to do is:
a) Backup your entire drive
b) Boot off MacOS CD and run Disk Utility and create two partitions, the first for MacOS and the second formatted as MSDOS (FAT32).
c) Restore MacOS from backup to first partition.
d) Locate the ISO image on the Tiger CD which contains the Windows drivers (or extract files from the boot camp beta file) and burn image to a CD.
d) Reboot and hold down Alt (cmd) key and boot from the Windows XP sP2/Vista CD/DVD.
e) Install Windows on the second partition
f) Insert the burnt CD disc which contains the drivers and run Setup to install them.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It is not necessary to have Boot camp beta to have a dual boot mac. All you need to do is:
a) Backup your entire drive
b) Boot off MacOS CD and run Disk Utility and create two partitions, the first for MacOS and the second formatted as MSDOS (FAT32).
c) Restore MacOS from backup to first partition.
d) Locate the ISO image on the Tiger CD which contains the Windows drivers (or extract files from the boot camp beta file) and burn image to a CD.
d) Reboot and hold down Alt (cmd) key and boot from the Windows XP sP2/Vista CD/DVD.
e) Install Windows on the second partition
f) Insert the burnt CD disc which contains the drivers and run Setup to install them.

Have you tested this on Tiger (10.4)? Because I don't believe Tiger's version of Disk Utility could resize partitions on-the-fly, without data loss, like Leopard's version can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.