Problems with Boot Camp and XP

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I searched the forum and really need help. My mother and I share a 120 gigabyte Macbook Pro. We took it to the Apple store yesterday because of issues with the hardrive which prevented it from successfully being partitioned. This was sorted out after they ran DiskWarrior and repaired the hardrive. However, the computer froze and shut down as I was installing Windows XP. It froze as it was 57% done, and when I restarted it all I got was a black screen with this message: "Remove disc and other media. Press any key to restart" The computer had already ejected the disc before it reached this screen, and I could not get the computer to restart despite pressing various keys. The only thing I was able to do was restart the computer by holding down the power button. The message reappeared and I am a complete loss. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone:)

OP
B
Reaction score
Okay. I called the Apple technical support people and the issue has been taken care of. Thanks everybody.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.