(3.1) LED Cinema Display and my woes!

Reaction score
Hi All,
Bit of a newby in the MAC world. I have a MAC Pro (System info say 3.1) and a HD30inch display with DVI. Great machine, love it to bits but I only use it for Photography. The HD display is not the best in the world for photos, movies and everything else yes. So I ordered a new Apple 24" LED Cinema Display.
It arrives a few days ago and as you are all shouting at me by now, it does not connect.
Now I need an option to get these conencted. I would love both of them connected. Apple Tech Support seem split on what will work and what will not depending on who you speak to!
What can I do? Can I buy an adapter? (looks like the answer may be no)
Can I buy a newer Display card with both ports, I current have the 8800GT.

Please help an Ex-PCer in need.
J

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You really must like throwing money away. >_<"

Might want to check this out. Not sure if it will work with your computer or not.

OP
J
Reaction score
Perhaps I do throw it away abit, still I do love my kit.
This card is exaclty what found about 20min after posting.
I have contacted Apple support and they have confirmed that this will fit in my MacPro and confirmed that the card is faster than the one I have now.
I still find it hard to belelive that Apple expect custoers that have spent £2500(sterling) not to be able to plug in a display.
Bad Apple.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Perhaps I do throw it away abit, still I do love my kit.
This card is exaclty what found about 20min after posting.
I have contacted Apple support and they have confirmed that this will fit in my MacPro and confirmed that the card is faster than the one I have now.
I still find it hard to belelive that Apple expect custoers that have spent £2500(sterling) not to be able to plug in a display.
Bad Apple.

Well I'm glad that it all worked out for you. ^-^"

Did you even do research on the new display before you bought it? Cause if you didn't then it's not really Apple's fault. >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.