this latch is really pissing me off

?

)(*

the latch on my powerbook will not open all the way to catch the hook to hold the screen down.
can i take this to the applestore and they can do something?
i got the 3 year warranty and it started doing this a week after i got my pb.

Reaction score
If you have the warranty, then you should beable to get it fixed or repalced at an apple center/store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I think that latch is the biggest weakness in the PowerBook/iBook design. The hook, it's mounting, and even the catch are just too fragile and prone to sticking. Luckily, it's usually covered under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Having not had any problems with mine, I'd have said it's one of the biggest *strengths* of the Powerbook design. Because the hooks retract, you can't bust them off, as I've done with other laptops in the past. But I guess it's only good while it's working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
thermidor said:
... Because the hooks retract, you can't bust them off, as I've done with other laptops in the past....

Trust me, it's possible. I've done it twice, and know at least three other people who have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.