Graphics settings in os x

M

mac_noobie

I switched to mac over last summer from a dell... In windows I used to be able to right click on an Nvidia icon in my task bar and change simple settings like anti-antializing, and picture contrast and certain stuff. On my pb (12") I can't find any options to customize my graphics card's settings...

Any comments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The settings are in System Preferences, in the Displays and Appearance tabs. Contrast and gamma settings are in the calibration tab of Displays.

These are OS-level settings; there is no direct control over graphics card driver settings in OS X.

OP
J

jessica

That hardly stinks. If I needed to right mouse click on the desktop to get to my settings then I would need a two button mouse.
Besides, how often do you need to set your graphic card settings? ;) I think it is brilliant to keep everything under the System Preferences thing...it is easier to get to than Control Panel. One click you're in. Control Panel you need to go to start, control panel, etc. :) Anyway I digress.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
jessica said:
That hardly stinks. If I needed to right mouse click on the desktop to get to my settings then I would need a two button mouse.
Besides, how often do you need to set your graphic card settings? ;) I think it is brilliant to keep everything under the System Preferences thing...it is easier to get to than Control Panel. One click you're in. Control Panel you need to go to start, control panel, etc. :) Anyway I digress.

What the héll are you on about? What this thread is about is extra customization options available from the graphics card maker. I think its true that ATi should make some sort of extra System Preferences pane and incorporate it in OS X. Extra display features would be great. I'm sure everyone here with a decent graphics card on a mac would agree.

Nvidia could probably do the same... :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.