Updating Excel document over a network?

Reaction score
How do I get the data in an Excel document to be updated on 2 other macs on the same wireless network, when I have updated it on my mac?

For example: if all 3 macs have the same Excel document, when I make a change to the Excel document on my mac, what can be done so that when the other users open their Excel document, they see the updated version that I have just changed?

(Excel is the one from Microsoft Office X.)

Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Easiest way is to e-mail them the updated file.

Reaction score
System Preferences>Sharing.

Share a folder on the network where you will store the file, make sure you have user permissions setup so that you have to enter a password to access that folder on the network, of course, then just open that document from the network share and everyone on your network can view/edit/save.

OP
G
Reaction score
I am running Tiger, so how would I create a shared folder and would it be possible to create an alias for the file in the shared folder that could be placed on the desktop?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.