Delete Firefox bookmark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
I am trying to delete the following bookmark: a816-healthportal.nyc.gov
Instruction manuals and on-line forums say just click on the Bookmarks menu, then right-click on the specific bookmark you want to delete, and choose Delete from the pop-up menu. OK - I click Bookmark to see a list of my bookmarks. When I right-click on the bookmark I want to delete, however, I don't get a pop-up menu. Instead I get a dialog that shows the name of the bookmark and asks whether I want to bookmark it (duh - it already is one). There is a cancel button on this dialog box, but if I click it, I get taken directly to the nyc.gov website. What's wrong?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Someone has left out a step - from the Bookmarks menu, you need to select Organize Bookmarks - from within that window you can delete your bookmarks, rearrange them, create new folders, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.