MacBook Connectivity Issue

Reaction score
I'm rather new to the Mac world. Bought an iMac about 18 months ago and recently bought a MacBook. I am having wireless connectivity problems with the MacBook.

When connected by the ethernet cable I don't have any issues. When going wireless I have trouble pulling pages up, posting on forums and chatting on Facebook (don't do that often but noticed that I have a message at the bottom right that says "Could not connect to Facebook Chat at this time.)

I have rebooted the MB and even booted into Windows to test IE. Reboot did nothing on the OS X side but there were no problems on the Windows/IE side. I have tried Camino and Safari with the same results. This just started this evening. I had no problem last night or earlier today.

I did attempt to do a remote access to my iMac tonight so I may have thrown something off doing so.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue is and how I correct it?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Are the DNS numbers for your ISP entered in airport settings, see - Sys Prefs/Network/Airport/Advanced/DNS - see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Also, make sure the firmware is up to date on your router. I have noticed that certain routers (Linksys, D-Link) have issues with Mac connectivity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.