Just got my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66ghz
hi everyone, im a new member here. ive been a PC user all my life and yesterday i decided to try something new and bought an imac 2.66ghz. im hoping to get some tips here and learn on how to use this new platform.
i swear it feels like learning how to use a computer for the first time. :eek: everything is so out of this world for me. even CS3 has totally different keyboard commands.
well, hopefully ill get comfortable using this. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Congrats, on the new iMac. I think most of us found when we switched, that it was a faster process than expected. And of course if you have any questions, there are very smart and experienced Mac users here to help you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Some helpful shows here if u are interested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
You will get used to the differences quickly.

If you want a guide, this book was recommended to me here on the forum, and it's fantastic. Great shortcuts and tips on every page.

I find it is easy to learn enough to get by with very little help, but if you want to dig in and learn to be a "power user" it is worth the effort. (Same as in the PC world, really).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And these guys have some good stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Just search the whole switchers area of the forums and you should be good to go...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.