New music from Darkest Ritual

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The song: Darkest Ritual
The album: Darkest Ritual
the artist: ...Darkest Ritual

This is a song I threw together in an afternoon in garageband. It's kind of doom + black + progressive metal.

All done in Garage Band. I'm so glad that new Garage Band lets you quantize triplets. I don't have to choose one and hope that all drum parts sound good with it now.

Darkest Ritual - ReverbNation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Nice work there. I like the song. The drums sound ok to me, and I'm a drummer!
Well done, keep us posted of any more you do please.

Reaction score
I liked it! It reminded me of Burzum (hope you take that as a compliment!).

The drums sound great. Very Live!

I have just started using garageband. What kits did you use? Are they the ones that come with GB?

Look forward to more!

regards

Carl

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I take the burzum compliment with pride! Thanks!

The kits came with GB, and I use a roland microcube as a pre-amp in. :)

Sweet, I didn't think people would be into extreme metal on the mac forum haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I take the burzum compliment with pride! Thanks!

The kits came with GB, and I use a roland microcube as a pre-amp in. :)

Sweet, I didn't think people would be into extreme metal on the mac forum haha.

You have to be kidding! Love it. How about Nile? Love them, and that's pretty extreme.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have to be kidding! Love it. How about Nile? Love them, and that's pretty extreme.

My first metal show I saw Nile. Second was Exodus. :) Nile don't move much anymore since they're all older than dirt, but they were tight.

I'm more into the psychedelic black metal like Enslaved and In the Woods (their later albums are prog, but their first, Heart of the Ages is ridiculously dark and black).

Love me some doom too. Candlemass (classic line up with Messiah singing ftw! Johan was the da bomb too).

Anyway, time for work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Marcolin ftw! Love early Candlemass here too my friend. Nile are still tight, especially now they have George Kollias on drums.

Reaction score
Don't want to sound too old!, but have you heard death "Symbolic". They have some great songs on that album. A lot of riffs that can be slowed down and called your own!

Have you heard of the magazine called terrorizer ? They give a free CD on the cover which is great for seeing what everypne else is up to. Also keeps you up to date on the DM scene.

No- I don't work for them etc!

Carl

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's really cool, man. I'm not terribly up on the death scene, as I said, I smoke too much whacky tobaccy for that. I'm like really into progressive black metal (Enslaved, In the Woods, Ulver, Agalloch), doom (Candlemass, Sabbath type stuff), and gothic metal (Tristania, Sins of Thy Beloved), and then of course viking metal (again with Enslaved, Ensiferum, Einherjer, Moonsorrow type stuff) and bands that kind of hybrid all of those genres together.

Death never REALLY did it for me, because even melodic death is still usually more focused on ridiculously fast guitar playing instead of on thick chord texture and really well voice-led parts. I'm classically trained, so I love classical elements to shine through in my metal. I actually just threw on Cradle of Filth's "Midian" because I haven't heard it in forever. Honestly Dusk and Her Embrace is better, but whatever. :) Good stuff.

Marcolin ftw! Love early Candlemass here too my friend. Nile are still tight, especially now they have George Kollias on drums.

The new Candlemass stuff is f'ing awesome too, but to me it's just not Candlemass without Messiah. :( Although 13th sun and that era stuff is pretty snazzy. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
T

The new Candlemass stuff is f'ing awesome too, but to me it's just not Candlemass without Messiah. :( Although 13th sun and that era stuff is pretty snazzy. :)

Amen> Check out Grand Magus and Ereb Altor though my friend, you'll like them.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Already down with Grand Magus and Spiritual Beggars. Grand Magus's Iron Will was a greeeeat release.

I also love Persuader, Savage Circus, and Dark Empire (though now without Jens, eh). Jens Carlsson ftw. Best vocalist EVER.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.