Eizo Monitor USB Inputs won't recognise mouse or keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro '08 Xeon 8 Cores @ 2.8Ghz / 8Gb RAM - Leopard 10.5.7
Hi,

I'm new to the world of Mac as of today...received my almost brand new 2008 Mac Pro Xeon 2.8Ghz 8 Core! Exciting stuff.

I just wanted to know why my pride and joy, the excellent Eizo CE24W0 (which is recognised under System Preferences>Displays) doesn't run the mouse or keyboard when i plug them into either of the 2 USB Ports that it features for peripherals.

I've connected the monitor via the Digital Input, using the Digital to Digital adaptor which came with the Mac (Pls don't ask me what kind of Digital to Digital is being converted here!).

it wouldn't be such a big deal but given the keyboard has such a short lead (!) it's annoying because I need to pull the keyboard further away from the tower as part of my set-up.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro '08 Xeon 8 Cores @ 2.8Ghz / 8Gb RAM - Leopard 10.5.7
sorted...let's just say that i'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen and let's never mention this episode again... ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.