Newbie and Some Quick?'s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
hi and glad to be part of these forums. For 2 years now i have wanted to get an apple computer, now i really want to get an ibook i would really like a powerbook but to much money for me so im gonna go with an ibook. first of all im mostly gonna be using the ibook for mainly just some skateboarding video editing. i would also wanna use it for music production but not sure yet. The reason i wanna go to ibook is because i hear that apples are good for music and video production. i have edited on emac b4 and like it. it actually read the firewire unlike my pos pc and never froze during editing like my pc does all the time. what other video editing software applications are available for apple besides Final Cut Pro that are good and low on the price.now my question is would these specs be good enough just to do video editing.
• 768MB DDR266 SDRAM (256MB built-in & 512MB SO-DIMM)
• 60GB Ultra ATA drive
• Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Keyboard & Mac OS X - U.S. English
• 12-inch TFT XGA display
• 1.2GHz PowerPC G4
• ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 w/ 32MB DDR video memory
I "custom" built it on the Apple site. Thanks in advance.

M

meltbanana314

The iMovie video editing software comes standard on all Macs - but if you want to burn your skateboarding videos to DVD, go grab the top model 14-inch iBook instead because that comes with a SuperDrive DVD burner.

If iMovie doesn't cut it for you, Apple makes a stripped down version of Final Cut called Final Cut Express, it's about $300 or so.

OP
veritas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
alright thanks for that infor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
when you buy a computer new you have the option for getting final cut hd for like $100. Thats what i was offered when i bought mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.