Can't run cd's under Windows via boot camp...

Reaction score
Please bear with me... I'm not the computer whiz in my house!

I bought a new camera a week ago, and to load the images onto my computer, I have to first run them through a program. I keep all my photo editing software on the Windows side of my computer, so I started up my computer into Windows. When I put in the cd, it was cranking away but nothing ever opened. When I looked in "My Computer" there wasn't even an icon/folder for the CD drive.

My brother suggested maybe I needed to reinstall the drivers. He told me to try sticking in my OS X cd and it would replace anything missing. One problem- my computer isn't acknowledging cds! It sees them fine on the Mac side though. My dad tried putting in the XP cd and running it on startup to reinstall anything missing, and that ran fine. But when it went into the Windows side after reboot, it still didn't see cds.

I have a MacBook Pro, and I just bought it in August. As far as I can recall, I've never had trouble running a cd before. Does anyone have any suggestions? The closest Apple store is kind of far off, so I'd like to try and fix this at home if possible...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you open the Device Manager hardware tree in Windows, does your Superdrive show up?

If it shows up, is there an exclamation mark? ( ! )

Have you recently installed any new software on the Windows side?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.