Can I develop iphone program without a Mac?

Reaction score
Hello, everyone, thanks in advance for your attention to this thread.
I am a newer on iphone development,
I don't have a mac, Can I develop iphone program in windows or linux system?

Is there an iphone sdk for linux or windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hello, everyone, thanks in advance for your attention to this thread.
I am a newer on iphone development,
I don't have a mac, Can I develop iphone program in windows or linux system?

Is there an iphone sdk for linux or windows?

I believe the SDK is only available for the Mac.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I believe the SDK is only available for the Mac.
Correct. AFAIK, the only official way to develop for the iPhone/iTouch if to do it on a Mac.

Reaction score
If you can find a objective-c compiler for Windows. The SDK is just a simplified tool for objective-c.

If you don't use the SDK you may run into problems as there are no testing tools to aid you on your conquest.

Reaction score
well you need OSX 10.5.5 at least. other than buying a mac, there are ways to emulate OSX on linux or windows. search for VMWare OSX or OSX86

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you can find a objective-c compiler for Windows. The SDK is just a simplified tool for objective-c.

If you don't use the SDK you may run into problems as there are no testing tools to aid you on your conquest.
Would this not be excluding all the iPhone and Cocoa Touch libraries? You're going to need more than just the compiler.

well you need OSX 10.5.5 at least. other than buying a mac, there are ways to emulate OSX on linux or windows. search for VMWare OSX or OSX86
This would be against the Apple EULA as that wouldn't be . Read section 2.A. of the OS X EULA here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.