Finally got my Imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU
Well I finally got my Imac today! I have been busy all day playing with it and installing CS4 and Lightroom and everything else I needed to download and what not. But I finally got around to snapping a picture of my office desk. And yes this thing is freaking huge, especially compared to my 17" HP notebook I've been using.

JVM_4622small.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Nice one - have fun, and if u look here there are some good apps - check out Superduper, 1Password, Caffeine, Little Snitch, Sharpshooter to name a few.

OP
Phototini
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice one - have fun, and if u look here there are some good apps - check out Superduper, 1Password, Caffeine, Little Snitch, Sharpshooter to name a few.

Thanks for the link, I'm completely new to Mac's so any and all info like that is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Welcome to Mac and this forum. You will find a lot of help here. Nice looking Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g
Nice set up, I am looking to add a desktop mac to my lineup for my photo editing to go along with my macbook pro, but can't nail down exactly what I want. Please keep us updated with how well it works for you, would love to hear how well it works with editing. You plan to calibrate the monitor? Love to hear how that goes..... OH, look, one of my post's is now immortalized in another thread!!!! ha ha...

OP
Phototini
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice set up, I am looking to add a desktop mac to my lineup for my photo editing to go along with my macbook pro, but can't nail down exactly what I want. Please keep us updated with how well it works for you, would love to hear how well it works with editing. You plan to calibrate the monitor? Love to hear how that goes..... OH, look, one of my post's is now immortalized in another thread!!!! ha ha...

Thank's Rocketman, so far it is doing extremely well using lightroom v2.3 and CS4. The liquify tool in CS4 does lag a little bit but I only have 4gb of RAM at the moment. Plan on making it 8gb by the end of the summer.

I will say though it has been somewhat of a challenge trying to figure out the organization system. That is a big bummer for me as I keep everything on my PC's very organized with folders and on the Mac it won't let me save to the folders I make. So I have to save stuff on the desktop then drag it in the older I want it in. Maybe I'm just an idiot and don't know how to do it, which is possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you select Save As, it brings up a file selector so u can navigate to any folder for that initial save, after that Save or Command S will just overwrite changes to same destination.

OP
Phototini
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you select Save As, it brings up a file selector so u can navigate to any folder for that initial save, after that Save or Command S will just overwrite changes to same destination.

When I hit save as in say CS4 it will bring up the finder area's to save in. It won't let me put stuff in a folder if it isn't right on the top level of finder.

And sorry for not replying to your PM I've been really busy retouching images today.

OP
Phototini
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but what if u select here;

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

can u not navigate to that folder

Nope that is where it takes me to all the finder stuff. If I click on a folder that I have other folders in it doesn't bring up the other folders deeper in side the main folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are these 2 ways to get into nested folders;

i cant see why you cannot go where you want in the file structure.

OP
Phototini
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are these 2 ways to get into nested folders;

i cant see why you cannot go where you want in the file structure.

I don't understand it either. When I save stuff it only shows that first column of folders after the regular finder stuff where the desktop and macHD is and stuff. If I click the a folder in that second column nothing shows up in the third column.

Edit: Nevermind....I'm just an idiot like I said earlier. When I copied my image files from my time capsule I didn't realize I had duplicate folders. One set of folders didn't have anything else in them. Sorry for wasting your time colin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.