Is Objective For me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is not the Forum for this inquiry. I'm teaching myself C and working on an application that involves 2-D arrays of integers. I have written C code that produces the desired arrays. I want to be able to output these arrays to printed hard copy with various cell borders. So far, the only way I'm coming up with in C is to output to a txt file with ASCII characters for borders - not very attractive. Would Objective C give me what I want? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I did a 'man -k pdf' and found pdfroff. Perhaps that maybe an option for you.

You could learn enough of Cocoa to perhaps use the PDF Kit. That might be overkill. If you go that far, then you might want to also look at Cocoa tables and printing those. They might have options for printed borders too.

A 'man -k postscript' came up with enscript. Of course then you need to figure out what to do with the Postscript. I think it will be printable.

A cheat would be to print out a basic Postscript file to disk, strip the parts you need and insert the text and graphics directions for the borders. I can tell you from experience this is tricky and really only worth the trouble of learning if you are going to repeat the report often. I did a complicated version of this for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.