Unix for Mac OS X Leopard

Reaction score
I have been looking for a book to start Learning Unix, specifically for OS X Leopard. I have not been able to find a book for leopard, however, I have found a book called "Learning Unix for Mac OS X Tiger" by Dave Taylor, 2005. Would this book be mostly applicable to Leopard? I am not quite sure what the differences are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core 2 Duo MacBook (home); Core Solo mini (work)
I found Taylor's book very useful and informative while I was learning. But then I stopped playing with the command line, and forgot almost everything. Unix seems to be one of those things (for me, at least) that if I don't use it on a regular basis, my knowledge of it evaporates.

But it was a good tutorial, and I don't think Unix in Tiger is that different from Unix in Leopard (in fact, now that I think about it, I was using Leopard when I was going through Taylor's book).

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks for the input

Thanks for your input. I found an informative tutorial for free that I think I am going to start with, Below is the link

[url=http://www.osxfaq.com/Tutorials/LearningCenter

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.