Need advice on GarageBand update.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have GarageBand 08 and want to upgrade to 09 but how do I do this? Do I have to uninstall 08 and then buy that ILife 09 pack and install that? And if I install Ilife 09 will it install all the other garbage that comes with it?

All I want is the new version of GarageBand, that's all I use on my Imac and nothing else so I don't need the other stuff. How would I go about upgrading? :Oops:

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.
yes if you install iLife 09 it will come with all the other "garbage"..not sure if u can manually select which programs u want to install, as I upgraded the whole suite from 08 to 09...

also, i did not uninstall anything...if my memory serves me correctly, i think it placed Garageband '08 in a folder titled something like "Garageband (Previous Versions)"...i can't find the folder now bcuz i think i deleted it, but i'm almost positive that is what it did when I installed Garageband '09

Hope I have helped some...

OP
I
Reaction score
yes if you install iLife 09 it will come with all the other "garbage"..not sure if u can manually select which programs u want to install, as I upgraded the whole suite from 08 to 09...

also, i did not uninstall anything...if my memory serves me correctly, i think it placed Garageband '08 in a folder titled something like "Garageband (Previous Versions)"...i can't find the folder now bcuz i think i deleted it, but i'm almost positive that is what it did when I installed Garageband '09

Hope I have helped some...

No help but I appreciate the reply man. ;D :Oops:

I just don't want to have clutter and a possible conflict by having different versions of the same programs so that's why I'm trying to find out the best way to upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Instead of "standard installation" just select "custom installation". No, GarageBand will be replaced. No uninstalling required!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.