Update for Mac os X 10.5.7 stuck

Reaction score
i Just got my MBP 15' and it had 10.5.5 on it and as apple recommended to update the OS to 10.5.7, i did it. I downloaded all the updates even the large 737 mb file i.e 10.5.7 update.All updates got installed but for the main update that is the OS update..wen we restart it ask for installing updates.it started installing and get stuck in the starting like the bar goes ------- this much and stays there for 6hrs.I restarted my MBP but still the software hasn't updated.?
What to do ? This is my new MBP and i dont wanna screw up.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you forcibly shut the machine down during the install, there may be some corruption in the file system.

The easiest way to fix this would be to start the machine, go into Disk Utility (Applications => Utilities => Disk Utility). Select "Macintosh HD", click the First Aid tab and click Verify Disk, then Repair Disk. Also run Verify and Repair Permissions. Then try using the combo updater again.

If the problem persists, you may need to use the fsck command in single user mode to sort out the issue.

Start the machine in single user mode (turn the computer on and immediately press and hold Command+S). At the prompt, type the following:

/sbin/fsck -f

Allow the repair to run, and if it found errors, run the repair again until it comes up without errors.

Then, when finished try running the combo updater again.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the Help But nothing is working for me..Tried Everything you said.still the installation is stuck for about 2 hrs now.Any Solutions? Should i take my MBP to the Apple guys ?Can they update OS X for me ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for the Help But nothing is working for me..Tried Everything you said.still the installation is stuck for about 2 hrs now.Any Solutions? Should i take my MBP to the Apple guys ?Can they update OS X for me ?

Something is not right there. I would definitely consider making a Genius Bar appointment if you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.