Major PB Screen Flickering

J

jvora

ddddddddd

I have a PB ( Alu ) 1.5 Ghz w/ 1.5 Megs of Ram running on 10.3.3.

This ha happened a 4 to 5 times :

I will be working away and suddenly the screen will reverse its colour ( i.e. black will become while & vis-a-versa and so will the colours, they too reverse their colours ( i.e. a shade of blue will become red/magenta, etc, etc. ) and the brightness lowers itself.

When I go the “Universal Access’ Control Panel and click on “Switch While to Black” the colours revert to the correctly, but the display is all muted and not crisp.

Sometime all of a sudden, it all reverts to the way its supposed to work.

I have even “fiddled” with the Monitor Control Panel, but it does not help.

Is this a hardware or a software related peoblem.

The last time this happened was 5 months ago and it has happened today. I use the comp every day and is on for at least 12 hours on average.

Kindly assist me with this problem.

Jai Vora

Reaction score
Is it possible that you accidentally press the keyboard combination for 'Switch to white on black' . The combination can be found in the system preferences in 'Keyboard and mouse' under the 'keyboard shortcuts' tab.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I was thinking the same thing.

OP
J

jvora

Mr Bobbins said:
Is it possible that you accidentally press the keyboard combination for 'Switch to white on black' . The combination can be found in the system preferences in 'Keyboard and mouse' under the 'keyboard shortcuts' tab.

Thanks all for replying -

No don’t believe I could have accidentally presses the keyboard combination to set “Switch white to black” - because if I did I would be able to get back to normal settings after I visit the same control panel and stitch it back.

I do get back the colors, but its all muted with a fair amount of flickering.

Also when I restart, the lognin dialog box will have the colours reversed - Here is what the screen looks like - Image enclosed :

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Jai

1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.