Old username

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A long time ago, I was a pretty active member of this board, and had some feedback with the name under 'tphiptop'

Now, the weird part is, I can't login, and recover any posts. Is this a database issue or what?

I can prove that tphiptop is me per the email the address. If I could get help from a mod or admin, that would be great.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just checked the user editor and tphiptop does not show up at all. Even if the account was banned it would still show up.

How long ago did you use this account? 1 year ago? 2 years ago?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Even though it still shows up it looks as if it's not a registered member anymore (since you can not click on the name and view the profile).

If this message board deletes inactive accounts after x amount of time then that is probably the reason you are unable to log into the account.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Even though it still shows up it looks as if it's not a registered member anymore (since you can not click on the name and view the profile).

If this message board deletes inactive accounts after x amount of time then that is probably the reason you are unable to log into the account.

I am very sure that is what happened. I just looked at that thread and for sure the account is gone due to inactivity. Non used accounts are purged down the road if they are no longer used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I am very sure that is what happened. I just looked at that thread and for sure the account is gone due to inactivity. Non used accounts are purged down the road if they are no longer used.

Just wondering- what is considered the "inactive" time period?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

That's really not a good idea. Some people are infrequent visitors and I would hate for my account to be deemed unusable because I haven't logged in for a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Realize this that, the period of time is probably 2 years, so, old accounts clogging up the DB will obviously not be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So if you want to be an infrequent visitor, you must login at least once every 2 years? I don't think that should be there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So if you want to be an infrequent visitor, you must login at least once every 2 years? I don't think that should be there.

It seems to me that you don't realize that the administrators have to pay for storage on a server. With alot of inactive usernames, what is the point of keeping all of these usernames?

And also, why would you want to be an inactive user? Probably 1 in 10 inactive users might need to come back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wasn't clear to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pruning old members helps keep the database size down. It helps when backing up so you don't have to backup tons of inactive users. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps these inactive users should be PMed and/or emailed before their account is purged?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps these inactive users should be PMed and/or emailed before their account is purged?

Maybe they are. Not sure how this system works.

He is back now and found out what happened to his account. I call this thread successful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)

Infrequent visitors don't have enough time in their schedule to log in once every two years, we really need to do something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.